REGISTRATION SUMMER 2021
IN 2020, we operated a shortened program with modifications to our traditional offering, due to COVID-19. This summer, we will be continuing with a similar program. Saftey continues to be our primary concern, thus we may be limiting our weekly enrollment to 9 students (1 student per boat). Registration is open to children ages 8 (entering Grade 3) to age 13.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to an abundance of caution regarding COVID-19, our operational plans are always under review and may change as CDC and state guidelines evolve. Below are details for 2021:
- Outdoor hand washing station will be available.
- All sailors and staff will be required to wash their hands upon arrival and regularly throughout the day.
- “NO BUFF/ NO SAIL” policy for all sailors, coaches and volunteers. Face masks are also acceptable.
- Tables with assigned seating will be spread out during chalk talks to allow for social distancing.
- There will be no lunch session. No access to the kitchen.
- Sailors will be required to bring their own reusable water bottles clearly labeled with their names.
- Sailors must bring their own sunscreen bottles and life jackets labeled clearly with their names. Sharing of these items will not be allowed.
- All common areas along with boats and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized by staff daily.
- Daily lessons/chalk talks will be conducted outdoors.
- In case of rain or bad weather, one or more of the groups/programs may be canceled or asked to leave for the day so as to limit the number of participants inside the clubhouse.
* Please note that some of these procedures and programs may be modified to reflect changing developments and guidelines.
The Quannapowitt Yacht Club Youth Sailing Program is a fun way to learn to sail with kids from different communities.
Sailing instructional hours are from 9AM to 12:30PM Monday through Friday. Each day, boats will be prepped by instructors prior to the start of camp and sanitized and put away by instructors at the end of the daily session. This will optimize learning time for students.
Sessions for Summer 2021 (subject to change):
Session 1: June 28 – July 9 (no class July 5) (WAITLIST ONLY)
Session 2: July 12 – July 23 (CURRENTLY FULL)
Session 3: July 26 – August 6
$600 per session for non-members
$500 per session for QYC members
(Session 1: $450/nonmember; $540/QYC member)
Private lessons are also available for 1-4 students per lesson. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Email email@example.com with session that you are interested in attending. You will receive a response with a registration link to complete and submit online, if there is space available in that session. Upon receipt of your online registration, an invoice will be emailed to you through PayPal. Payment may be made online or by check.
The required FORMS are due two weeks prior to the start of the sailing session and may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to: QYC YSP PO Box 1744 Wakefield, MA 01880.
Please note that a copy of your child’s physical and immunization records are required and must be up to date within the 18 months of their sailing session. A swim test for first time attendees must be completed and signed by a Certified Lifeguard.