Sailing Program Director Job Posting
The Quannapowitt Yacht Club (QYC) in Wakefield, Massachusetts is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and passionate Sailing Program Director to lead our 2023 sailing programs. The Director is responsible for maintaining a safe, effective and fun sailing experience for all participants. The Director will be required to balance both off and on water responsibilities, as well as oversee all daily operations of the program. The QYC Club fleet includes Optis for beginner sailors and Mercurys, 420s, Sunfish and Lasers for more advanced students.This position will work under the oversight of the QYC Board.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, customer-driven, team oriented and adaptable. In addition, he/she must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as exhibit a mature and professional demeanor.
As the Director, you'll be responsible for leading a team of instructors, overseeing all aspects of the youth sailing program, and ensuring the safety of all students. You will create an environment that is an engaging, fun and safe experience.
Not only will you be working in a fun and supportive environment, you'll also have the chance to spend your days on the water and in the sun at the countrys oldest inland yacht club. This is a great opportunity for a passionate sailing professional to make a positive impact on the lives of young sailors and help grow a successful program.
- Oversee a staff of 4-5 sailing instructors
- Manage day to day sailing instruction of up to 15 students per day
- Execute sailing curriculum both on and off the water
- Oversee start-up and close-down operations
- Oversee general maintenance of boats in use
- Assist in the development of lesson plans and staff training
- Be alert to the health and safety of all program attendees and staff
- Maintain positive relationships with parents making an effort to communicate with them often
- Prepare and conduct fun stormy day activities
- Escalate issues, concerns, recommendations to QYC Board
- Other duties as required
- At least 18 years of age
- Current US Sailing Level 1 Certification (employees may be eligible for reimbursement of certification costs)
- Current First Aid & Adult/Child CPR Certification
- Minimum 2 years sailing instructor experience
- Experience working with children ages 8-13
- Previous experience with staff management
- Capable of general boat maintenance
- Experience operating a powerboat, US Powerboat Safe Handling certification, preferred but not required
- Must pass CORI/SORI background check
This position is seasonal and typically begins in late June and ends by mid August. Hours are generally 8:30am - 3pm, Monday through Friday, but willing to discuss additional hours and responsibilities for the right candidate.
Quannapowitt Yacht Club is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Last updated 1:10pm on 23 May 2023