Home / Web Archive / Sailing Program Instructor Job Posting
Sailing Program Instructor Job Posting
The Quannapowitt Yacht Club (QYC) is seeking qualified applicants for a range of instructor positions in our sailing education programs. Our main program is the Youth Sailing Program, geared toward students ages 8-13.
- Instructors must be at least 14 years old at the time of the program
- Junior/Senior Instructors (16+) must hold or be willing to acquire US Sailing Level 1 Certification
- Employees may be eligible for reimbursement of US Sailing certification fees
- Instructors must hold or attend training to receive a current CPR/First Aid certificate, with training provided by QYC
- All staff must pass CORI/SORI background checks
- Be a positive role model for the students, instructors, and other staff. Encourage the highest levels of sportsmanship and behavior
- Generate enthusiasm and commitment to learning
- Demonstrate a high degree of maturity and sense of responsibility for the program.
. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead on shore lessons and chalk talks with the assistance of other instructors
- Teach and supervise daily on-the-water practice sessions and practice safe use of boats (both sail and motor)
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure highest safety standards are followed at all times
- Monitor students individual performance and achievement (using US Sailing red books to record student progress)
- Consult with other instructors to make decisions about moving students between skill level groups as needed throughout each week, based on direct observation and Instructor recommendations.
- Meet once/week with Director to review the program and discuss pertinent issues and plan to prepare for the next week
Quannapowitt Yacht Club is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Last updated 4:01pm on 18 May 2023